Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Alone at Last

We have had my family in my house for the last two weeks. My brothers were here and then my parents were here. For two weeks, we have had guests. I know there are people out there that are really good at having house guests. I am not one of those people. I cannot wait for people to leave, Even if you are someone I love dearly as I do my parents and brothers. This doesn't work out great when you are spread out and your family lives on the other side of the country. So you only see them in short, intense amounts of time. Makes for interesting interactions.
Especially, when you are trying to live life without anti-depressants. I feel a little raw still. My dad told me he didn't think I could handle another baby (just so I was clear), and my mom told me to go back on the Zoloft. So you know...

It was fine, but I require my alone time. I have not had it. I am very glad to have it back.

E and I signed up for swim and gym class. We have gone 3 times now. The first time E got his finger pinched in a locker. It removed the entire baby finger pad, It was such a deep rip and he was all pruney from the pool. Thank heavens my friend was there to save the day and help me find a plaster. The second time he was jumping in the shower and he fell and slammed his head so hard on the floor, I think I saw his eyeballs bounce. Today he lost the fingernail that was damaged in the first accident. He also poured water up my nose and jumped in and went under water. It has been pretty fun.

The hanging baby finger nail is making me swoon everytime I think/see/hear/read of it. I have always been a pussy with blood and wounds. I hoped it would get better after watching E get so injured so many times. I always feel like I am just barely handling it. Such is the metaphore of my life.

No comments: