Tuesday, June 10, 2008

She said while washing her son's bedroll...

Bragging will get you every time.

So my MIL was here for my birthday. How rude of me I should say for her anniversary, because I can't even have my birthday. I COULD NOT have asked for a better present. (Except for the Diane von Furstenberg dress that I bought myself at the sample sale in NYC for an absurd discount.)

It was awkward. My relationship with my MIL is the most troubling one in my life. I can't say anything to her. Literally because I am a scardy-cat that avoids any type of confrontation, and it doesn't matter what I say she has a wicked case of selective hearing. J says I should write her a letter. But what tell her? to fuck off, I want nothing to do with her? I accept she is my son's grandmother and I don't want to get in the way of that relationship, however, she is detrimental to my psyche.

I also have built up a ton of resentment to J for not taking the reins, and steering his mother away from me. He keeps defending her and alienating me by doing so. He just doesn't get it.
Things have been really strained between us. Neither of us are being kind to each other and I am not sure that we care.

Yesterday she asked j, on the phone, and she talks loud enough that I can hear her from across the room, 'if didn't he think we should try going back to marriage counseling.' We should go to marriage counseling because I can't stand her meddling busy-bodyness?
I don't think I should have to deal with her at all. If she wants updates or photos she can contact her son. I will be nothing but cordial to her if we need to interact because of E. I have no idea what J is telling her, he says nothing.

J is leaving on the 22nd. He doesn't come back until july 2nd. So there is a lot of resentment there, and separation anxiety. My brother is going to come out and visit for 5 days.

His family is such a drain. I mean even if he didn't like my family, which is not the case, what is not to love? My parents don't call him. My dad doesn't call him and keep him on the phone for 45 minutes crying. My mother doesn't start every comment with, 'you know what you should do...'
and then ask why j is being so unreasonable.

No comments: