Thursday, October 07, 2004

Live Music

I haven't been to a live show in literally 1 1/2 years or more. I am a girl raised on live music and the energy they create.
Admittedly I have become the bittersons. I am jaded, cynical, and well dismissive.
However, the show I went to last Friday reaffirmed my faith in all that is live music.
I was slightly buzzed. Just enough to really relax.
The line-up was Tarentel, Mono and Fly PanAm. A very avant-guard line-up.
I was going because darren had turned us onto Tarentel. They are a swoozy. wall of sound, noise, instrumental group. They were very sweet live. Much better than I ever expected. I would close my eyes and sway to the sounds.
The venue was pretty good too, the Bottom of the Hill in SF.
However, Mono was the best discovery of the night. They are these four Japanese kids, three guitars of varying flavors bass, regular electric and one of those labamba guitars. A Gibson maybe? and a drummer. They were wild. I know the hair on my arms was standing up. They really worked their dramatic crescendos basically noisy, space-out music.
We left 3 or 4 songs into Fly Pan Am. I wasn't really feeling them but they seemed cool. I think they were upstaged by the previous acts. I refuse to call them openers!

I just finished watching La Dolce Vida. Holy Shit that was a long movie. Movies are always listed in minutes yet my dvd played in hours. So I always have to do complex math to try to figure out how long a given movie is. I usually just roll my eyes up to the ceiling and wait for Jon to figure it out while I think about other things. Math is not my strong suit.
So by the second hour I started really trying to figure out 174 minutes.

You can read about the details here:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053779/

Anita Ekberg is perhaps one of the most beautiful women ever seen on film. Wowewowe!

No comments: