Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Ultrasound tomorrow

You know I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. Yes, I want to see the gender of #1 Stunna, but more importantly that everything is alright, that we are growing nicely, that there is only 1 #1 stunna. What if, say, they put that wand there and see, oh I don't know, a Cornish Game Hen or those three hotdogs I ate on July 4th. Or worse of all nothing. I made the whole thing up!

I am 19 weeks and I don't think I have felt anything. I still don't really look pregnant. No one is giving me their seat on the bus or anything...

My emails with a fellow pregnant has made me have to bring up this topic re: ultrasound:
Why do people think it is their god given right to assume and insinuate what a bad mother I am while we decide top find out the gender of the baby?

Example #1 Lady I know: "Are you going to find out the sex?
me: "yes"
LIK: "oh good, I feel bad for people who waste that technology and decide not to find out, it pisses me off"
me: "umm ok" (inside head, why the fuck do other people's intimate decisions affect you even slightly? Guess what? It is none of your damn business!!!)

Example #2
This weird crazy French lady I know: "Are you going to find out zee sex of zee babee?"
Me: "yes we are"
WCFLIK: screws up her face like she is smelling shit "Oh why zat ruins everyzing?"
me: "Because we like to RUIN EVERYTHING?!!?"

I went back and forth about knowing the sex. My friend Maria didn't find out the sex for her first baby and I was like wow that is cool. But I want to know dammit. We were even going to make the utrasound tech write it on a piece of paper and put it in an envelope. But why? You know we weren't even going to make it out of the room with that envelope sealed. I am the type of person who peeks at Christmas present and tried to figure out jon's password so I can look at his emails. I go through people's medicine cabinets in their bathroom. I am nosy. I am not good with surprises. So fuck it. We are going to know and then you are going to know if we know. But I don't think I am going to tell the crazy French lady I know.

So here are the results of the guess #1 Stunna's gender:
My dad: Girl
Mariel: Boyeeee
S.I.L.: Boy
father to be: Girl
Steve and Jaime: the Gay.

Thanks for playing.

No comments: