Thursday, August 25, 2005

Staying Fat



I got yelled at today by our vet, Dr Wong. Motu has been growing at an exponential rate. My little Boston terrier who was supposed to max out at 22lb is now a whopping 34.6 lbs. What a porker!

So I am not sure how we are going to try to smuggle him onto the plane. But I think I will just cry if they try to put him in cargo. I mean who can deny a crying pregnant woman?

SO he got his rabies vaccine and a distemper shot. Very exciting and $68 dollars later...

I have been having terrible insomnia lately. Part of it has to do with traveling, I am a nervous traveler, part of it has to do with my MIL, who I think I am going to start referring to as "she who will not be named," She is that bad. Part of it has to do with my consistent heartburn that trades off with weird late night allergies to keep me up.

re pregnancy: It is weird to feel sexual and yet unappealing at the same time. I mean my actual body looks kinda beautiful. Gentle swelling of my belly and just soft roundness everywhere in my breasts and fanny (hee hee). But as far as feeling like this could be appealing to anyone (specifically my husband) I am thinking, not so much. I feel proud and kind of amazed at my body.

I just went to the grocery store because I NEEDED some of those Hostess cupcakes, the black ones with the white squiggle frosting and some green peppers. But then the cupcakes were like $3.99, WTF? and the little debbie version was 10 for $10. I only got one box, but when did hostess cupcakes get so expensive. However, when I think of it, I guess I have never purchased them or priced them out before.

No comments: