Monday, August 08, 2005

There is no doubt

I am a bit of a pseudo-hippy. I eat organic foods (when possible), I recycle, I live on Haight St in SF,I have dubious personal hygiene. I am planning on BF and using cloth diapers part time(hopefully).
That being said, can I say how much I love the book Spiritual Midwifery
These ladies are serious hippies! They are not faking the funk like me. I highly recommend this book and I am forever indebted to Francesca for suggesting it. I think I am going to pick up Ina May's Guide to Childbirth as well. Could it be as good and inspiring and hippified?
It makes me not fear birth since it is "groovy" and "psychedelic". Hell, you may even get stoned off the good vibes. I also like that on "The Farm" (the commune) when a woman goes into labor too soon, like her seventh month or something, they encourage her to throw back some booze to relax the mother and stop the contractions.
#1 has been moving around like crazy, even jon has gotten to feel him a couple of times.
I am curious does anyone have any opinions on child birthing classes? Useful? Worth $150?

No comments: