Thursday, May 25, 2006

NYC

New York was fun - sort of.
It was wonderful to see the great people that we got to see.

My in-laws, you know, I am still too drained to go into it.
Let's just say they were less than competent babysitter.

The baby has been a beast, he is all jacked up from the time differences and the traveling.

I am turning 30 in 5 days. This coming Sunday, my deal friend, Kelly offered to throw me a b-day bbq. I accepted, (and have invited people) but now I am renegging. I don't want to have a party. I want to get drunk and/or disappear - Or just make a run for it.

I feel so fucking sad.

jon won't take my birthday off, WTF?
jon is leaving the day after my birthday for a long trip (2 weeks) I am going to be alone from Wed to Mon, then I guess I am flying to Atlanta to be dominated by my MIL. So I will be there from Monday to Sunday. I can't leave on Saturday because she wants to bring the baby to church!!!

What will I remember about my 30th birthday? That jon worked, and then left the next day for a two week trip.

I keep calling 'recommended' therapists and none of them take my insurance...I am trying, I am. I just feel beaten down from every possible angle.
But there is supposed to be some big 6 month hormonal turning point, we'll see.

1 comment:

k said...

Happy Birthday.

I'm sorry it's going to be kind of low-key ... especially for your 30th.

Maybe your dominating MIL will at least let you go out alone a couple of nights while she watches the baby. You could catch a movie, bring a good book to a nice dinner, shop a little. Buy yourself a nice b-day gift, maybe.

I hope the 6-month hormonal turnaround is true. For you and me both, man. I'm tired of alternating between "love the baby, the baby's so great" to "I want out ... parenting is not for me."