Saturday, December 09, 2006

The Kims

There is nothing I can add to this tragedy. It has been written about beautifully all over the internet.

Their shop, Doe, is a few doors down from us. As a fellow Hapa family, we watched their family grow with interest. Our paths crossed on a very regular basis, but I didn't know them.

We were in the same restaurant as them when Penelope pooped in the toilet and announced it. James beamed and congratulated her. He was so sweet with his girls.

While waiting for him to be found, I couldn't look at the photos, it is too easy to replace my own skinny asian guy's face with his.
I cannot imagine those last hours, what could they have said to each other?

I know that in the same situation, we would do anything to save our kids. In this modern age when could we think that we would have to?

Kati you are in my heart...
Sabine and Penelope, your father was a great man.

No comments: