Thursday, January 18, 2007

I Left my Sanity in San Francisco

The only adult interactions I have lately are with therapists. It is a very surreal mindset to go from instinctual toddler care to trying to probe your mind for incidents you've been trying to forget.
For some reason I went from seeing none to four in the span of two weeks. Shopping for a shrink is a serious time investment. But I 've settled on Dr. Liz. She is the most indulgent thing I have ever had.

It has been unbelievably cold here in the City by the Bay.

Good thing about Zoloft:
I am making eye contact again.
Sometimes I even initiate conversations, instead of my usual social charm of trying to pretend I am invisible.

The Concentration man, In the last year + I may have read 4 books, Maybe. But I am back as the reading machine I once was. Please allow me to ........0000000000 myself by listing the books I have read in the last two months:
The Time Travelers Wife.
The Historian.
The Life of Pi.
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the night-time.
The Kite Runner (part of the San Francisco reading club last month.)
Middlesex.
Marley and Me.
The Grass is Singing: by Doris Lessing.
Surfacing: by Margaret Atwood.
There is No You Without Me: by Melissa Fay Greene.
I didn't list the authors of the pop books. I thought this list would be more impressive, maybe I forgot some...

Anyone reading anything amazing that I may like?
I could do a book swap with you, fun mail!

anyone?

1 comment:

Megatron said...

I liked "Surfacing", it was pretty out there. I recently liked "Wild Sheep Chase" by Haruki Murakami (but the end sucks). I'm reading "Don't Lets Go to the Dogs Tonight" by Alexandra Fuller about growing up a white girl in '70's Rhodesia. I really needed a break from baby books. I wish I could hang out in San Fran with you. Jim Crace is a writer I like, but he can be a little too graphic.Megatron