Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Karmic Cleanse

So something is off. Way off.
My karma has been in the trash for the last couple of days. It is approaching the point where I feel a little bit afraid to leave the house.
Then again bad things happen in three's so I maybe in the clear. Or maybe not. Perhaps all my years of bitchwitchery have caught up with me.
I.
Friday I go to the ATM. I take some cash out and look at the balance. EEEK it was $21.46, so I shove my card back in and transfer some $ from savings into checking. Then apparently I walked away with my ATM in the machine! I go back less than 10 minutes later, because I realized at the checkout of the grocery store that I didn't have my card. So I go to the bank and ask if anyone has turned in my atm card, the lady is like "no but someone turned in $40, is that yours?" I cancel my card and all that jazz. I get home and because I am paranoid, I check my balance online. The $200 I transferred from savings was taken out right after I put it in. So the person in line behind me just ganked my $$. So I call the bank they file a fraudulent claim or whatever the hell they call it.
II.
Jon and I were having this stand-off on the laundry. We are talking major neglect. Maybe 2 months worth of laundry. I know I am a crappy housewife. But this laundry has been the cause of several fights and bad feelings. SO FINALLY we do it. It costs us like $18 at the laundry mat. I guess I overstuffed the washing machine because the machine gets stuck and refuses to unlock. There are no attendant on duty for hours. When a man finally shows up he has no idea what to do. So our laundry was held hostage for about 2 days. They finally got it out and they even rewashed it and dried it for us.
III.
Sunday morning jon and I are in the dog park with, well, the dog. We all know Motu is a bit 'mouthy'. So this LARGE 80+ lb black lab comes up to Motu for a sniff and Motu snaps and the other dog just clamped right onto Motu's scruff and picked him up off the ground and gave him a couple of good shakes before the owner could go and pry the dog's jaws off of my puppy. Motu is absolutely freaking, making that horrible wounded dog noise. I grab him and hold him like a baby. The poor thing had crapped himself. Somehow the bad dog only gave motu one good sized puncture. I literally cannot believe that Motu was left relatively unharmed after what I saw happen. I took him to the vet yesterday and the vet shaved him and gave me some antibiotics. He said it was nothing and the mr poochy mcdoogle will be fine.

All of this is coming off the heels of jon's impending departure tomorrow for the exotic far east. I am nervous as hell and feel like I have to do something major to cleanse this bad mojo I have floating around me and taking up all my personal space.

There have been several really positive and cool things happening as well. So maybe that was just the balancing. Last week I went to an art opening at City College here. I took a bus for 100 years and then I was at the college. I went with a woman who went there 25 years ago. She says you want to see something neat? and takes me to the theater there. The Diego Rivera theater. You know why it is called that? There is this huge beautiful vibrant awesome did I mention HUGE Diego Rivera fresco in the theater from 1940. What a magnificent and wonderful treat! A hidden gem.

Also last week the local fine art museum here, The Legion of Honor, was sponsoring this Bouquet to Art. The idea was to invite local florists pick a piece of art and create a corresponding bouquet. It was absolutely beautiful. To add the beauty and extremely original floral designs to the museum and the art was a beautiful marriage. I am going to upload some pictures and I will create a link so you'all can see if you are interested.

Anyone have any suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May the person in line behind you that stole your money rot in hell. That pisses me off.

Shelba