Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Gross Days

Yeesh this weekend was GROSS.

I checked my email on Thursday morning and got saw an email from Matt. He and Ben were on their way up from L.A. and can they stay? They are good friends from college that we haven't seen since a mutual friend's wedding in May.
So they show up and it was totally cool. I go outside to accompany Matt on a cig break. No Smoking in the house! and after a few minutes Jon comes outside with the dog in his arms. The dog is bleeding and Jon looks like he is going to cry!
Apparently ben was rough housing with Motu and his dew claw caught on his bracelet and ripped it back. I couldn't believe how much that thing bleed!
Poor Pupula! He took it like a trooper. I think it upset Jon and I more than the dog. Jon blames Ben. But Motu loves to rough house and one of us should have said something. That is a difference between men and women. Something happens, men blame others, women blame themselves. Something about responsibility I guess. Men don't have accountability like women.

They left Saturday morning.

Sunday, all of a sudden I am sick. Aunt Flo made her arrival known fast and furious. I was out of it all day. I wonder if it is any indication that if my periods are bad now, does that mean I will have miserable pregancy (ies) or really good ones?

Then Monday I woke up feeling even worse! I was like peeing gallons out of my butt. Honestly my lower intestines must have just emptied! and i was puking green bile. There were times when I was pooping in the toilet and puking in the sink. So f*cking gross. One time, I ran into the bathroom to puke, when I got there I was like oh it must have been a false alarm and then I stood up and projectiled directly into my hair and onto the floor and all over the toilet seat cover. I wanted to die. I crawled into the bathtub. Because having a tub can cure anything, and proceed to puke into my bathwater. SO I let the water out and just laid in the tub. naked and bleeding. When I finally mustered enough strength I pulled myself into my bed my hair was a snarled mess. I looked just like that lady from Ringu, like I had been living in a well for 25 years.

Tuesday was vet day. Mind you I had not consumed any solids for 40+ hours at this point. It was unseasonably hot. The vet was further away than I had realized, so I had to rush. By the time I got there I was shaking, sweating, and feeling poorly. Dr. Sherman Wong was our vet and he was really nice. He didn't kiss Motu like his old vet in Brooklyn used to, but, he was very nice nonetheless. He started wiggling the claw back and forth. Blood started to ooze out. Even on my best day I am very bad with blood. This was not my best day. If I was sweating before. I must have just been pouring now. As the vet is pulling on Motu, he keeps asking me if I am OK. This is like when Jon was getting his massive tattoo and was under the needle for hours and he kept asking me if I was OK. I think the vet realized if he didn't leave the room he was going to have a passed out white girl to deal with. So he took Motu. Who happily went off with him, into the next room.
He came back 10 minutes later with a little booty on. Dr Wong saved the claw for me. I loved that!

Now motu is on antibiotics for the next seven days and has to keep this booty on until Friday.

After I got home from the vet. I went to meet Jon's cousin Tom, who was in town while his partner was at a conference. He is the best. I just love him and his partner. Two of the highlights of Jon's family. Is that bitchy? oh well. I went to lunch with him and immediately after eating i thought I was going to squirtle right there in Union Square! So Gross. I just clenched my anus tightly and proceeded to walk 49 miles around San Francisco.

I finally went down to fisherman's warf. I can see why the locals hate it. It is a terrible place. I think it was the first time I really saw throngs of tourists. Mostly it was cheesy t-shirts and overpriced crab cakes. However, There were all these fishing vessels out there that give private tours of the bay, i think that would be fun thing to do when my family comes out here in October.

The good thing about feeling sick is it makes you so much more appreciative of when you are feeling well. I am glad my flu thing was short because, well it was horrible, and gross.

I also went to the SF MoMa for the first time. I think I may get a membership. It is a fantastic museum. It could be less conservative. But a very cool museum nonetheless...


No comments: