Thursday, September 09, 2004

New Lows

Yesterday I bit the bullet and posted this desperate "searching for friends" post on the San Francisco Craig's List:

Looking for someone interesting M/F - 28 (lower haight)
Reply to:
anon-41868474@craigslist.orgDate: 2004-09-08, 5:23PM PDT
I feel like a loser writing this. I moved to the city about two months ago and am having a hard time meeting people. I am looking for FRIENDS only male female doesn't matter. I am in a committed relationship. I am looking for someone to hang out with during the day. Lunch, movies, coffee, hiking, beer, dog parking. whathaveyou.
Here is me: listen to all types of music: blues, hip-hop/rap, top 40/pop stuff, electronic, folk. current playlist includes, 2pac, interpol, bessie smith, tv on the radio, nina simone, frank black, broken social scene, wilco, bjork and many many more.
I love to read. I just finished the Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown, I hated it and I loved to hate it at the same time. Some of my fav authors are willa catha, salmon rushdie, james baldwin, gore vidal, and many more. I will read anything that seems like it is worth my time. Currently I am reading when Nietzche wept, I forgot who by and I haven't actually started it but it was recommended by someone I respect.
I love movies, silly movies, serious movies, action, indie. Just saw Hero it was easily the best movie I have seen in the theatres this year.
I love the outdoors but I am painfully white and so I have to avoid the sun. I have a little dog that runs my life, animal lovers need only apply.
I love my Mac and video games, ummm what else? I am at a bit of an impasse in my life/career/whatever, A little lost. I am prone to feeling blue.
maybe that is it...now you annoymous strangers know more about me that my family. Do we have anything in common?


Then I had a bit of a crying jag. How lame is that?
I proceeded to check my email every 3.5 seconds. Much to my dismay, there was not one response. People respond to blank posts on CL, so there were more tears.

I was messing around with my hotmail account and looked in the "junk mail" folder, there they were! There were only 2 responses. But that is 2 potential friends. this one seems to have the most potential thus far:

we sound identical. I'm 27, mellow. Fun. Sassy. like r n b.
love the beach, love outdoors. But, love the energy of the city. Am a massage
therapist and i bartend part time. Am single, hetro.. appreciate a womans
beauty.
Love to laugh, play and enjoy life for whats its worth


So where from there. I don't think I want to meet this person. I just wanted someone to want to meet me. Having friends smacks of effort.

This one, from yoothababydaddy, has slightly less potential:

hi sweetie black male san francisco 6'4 230 black hair brown eyes likes rap hip hop r&b likes the out doors and wants to get to know u a lil better

I will keep you all posted.

In other news,
Jon and I went running last night for the first time ever, together. Jon was sprinting ahead of me effortlessly. I was purple for like 3 hours afterwards. While I was running, I'll admit, I wished for death. Jon looked like he could have run for 30 miles or so, I think he was born to run. He encouraged me to keep running much longer than I would have if I was alone. I would have stopped and had a beer or laid down somewhere.

In additional, other news,
Here is a running list of the dogs my silly 30 lbs Boston Terrier has tried to bite:
A Rotweiler that couldn't have weighed an ounce under 150 lbs.
2, yes, 2 Pitbulls(yes at the same time).
A gigantic Wolfhound.
One of those dogs with the purple tongues, are they shar-peis (sp?) or chows?
Various other mixes and mutts.
Who ever heard of a dog who didn't like his butt sniffed? That is what dogs do! He tried to turn on any dog who sniffs too hard or too long.
Gee, I wonder why my dog is socially inept...hmmmm...









No comments: