Wednesday, December 22, 2004

3 Days until Christmas

Well as you all know, we are coming to the final stretch before I get presents. This is somewhat disconcerting as there are no presents for me under the tree. There are several for jon and none for me:(

As this is literally the first xmas away from my family, I was feeling a little like, well, since I am not going to be there, i better make my presents poignant. So that my mom can cry when she opens my very thoughtful nightgown and chocolates and think of her firstborn child all the way across the county. Anticipating my family thinking the same way, I have been greeting the mail man enthusiastically in hopes he is bringing my presents. It turns out no, i got a check in the mail.

I am also sick. Does anyone else get sick right around the first day of their period? I mean I don't get sick very often but when I do, it is always right around the time aunt flo makes her appearance. Just an extra pain in the ass from good old mother nature...
Speaking of, I hope all of you on the east coast are weathering this storm toasty warm inside enjoying the tea of your choice.

I was at the Department of Public Health today. Did you know in California you have to go to the same place for death and birth certificates. It costs $15 to get a birth certificate, and $13 to get a death certificate. I find this interesting and fascinating. While I was waiting for my appointment, I was trying to figure out who was there for what. The babies were pretty easy. Just listen for baby noises and look for exhausted bleary-eyed parents. The deaths were also pretty easy to figure out. I wonder how long you have to wait or who can go and get them because there was no one crying or having hysterics or anything like that. perhaps it would be unseemly to display emotion in a government building...

No comments: