Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Looking for Fair Trade

I awoke to the loudest sound in the world at 6 am.

I went out to the kitchen because I am sure that the kitties had pulled down our xmas tree.
In fact, Otis had knocked down a casserole dish and lid. There was glass EVERYWHERE. It must have sounded like the sky was falling to our downstairs neighbor.

I had a tiny (large) meltdown and after I ranted and raved and chased Otis around the house. I picked up the glass and he had broken the wrong lid! Little f*cker couldn't even break the corresponding lid! Jon was like, "kristen it is ok, we can get another one." This sent me right back into my mental mania. That is soooo not the point. It was a piece of CorningWare. The idea of that sh*t is to buy it once in your lifetime. It isn't expensive or anything like that, just something I was hoping I would never have to think about again.
Really I think the thing that kills me the most is that he broke a different lid. Like it was an intentional big F.U.

The result was the following ads on Craig's list:

Looking for Fair Trade (lower haight)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: anon-51400638@craigslist.org
Date: 2004-12-07, 2:51PM PST


Two neutered male white cats, brothers MUST stay together.

Looking to trade for two bikes - street, hybrid, mountain - all considered.

One cat is fat, deaf, and destructive. The other is skinny and skittish. Both beautiful cats.

email for photo

AND:

Two Cats Available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: anon-51402214@craigslist.org
Date: 2004-12-07, 2:59PM PST


Two, male, neutered, white, cats for adoption. They are dependent brothers and must stay together.

One is fat and deaf, the other is skinny and skittish. They are 5 and 7 years old respectively.

They come with fairly recent health certificates (July 04) and fancy, sherpa, carrying-bags.

Email for photo.


I haven't gotten any responses yet. I can't tell if I would really get rid of them either. At least I know I hate them. What if someone was REALLY mean to them? If the right person came along though...

No comments: