Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Well I got a job

I interviewed for possibly the most menial temp job in the world on Monday and I was in house working by Weds.
For all of you not familiar with SF. "The Tenderloin" is the "worst" area in the city. I will give you all one guess where my job was...yep.
I had to BE THERE at 7 this morning so it is really a wonder that I am still awake now. Here are some highlights from my day at the A-Hole hotel. I don't know why it is called a hotel when it is really a section 8 residence.

7:00 The lady from the graveyard shift was BLASTING Slick Rick the Rulers back. I instantly knew I was in the right place.

9:00 I took my first break. There were drunk dudes and drug dealers and crackheads out doing their respective things at fucking 9 am. I guess if you are hard core time is pretty irrelevant.

Some homeless, drug addict was rocking back and forth on the corner and he said, well you are a pretty girl. He didn't say it creepy. It was actually very nice, like it was a fact. So I said thank-you like a polite girl would. He looked at me and said like I accused him of stealing my crack, "I didn't do it!" I ran.

There is a bar in the Tenderloin called Aunt Charlie's no joke. It is the seediest dive I have ever seen. Their hours are 6am to 2am. FYI.

Pee Smelling Old Lady come up to my desk.
-well, you are new.
me - yes it is my first day.
PSOL - Happy Birthday!


No comments: