Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Would this unhinge a "normal"?

I guess I am subscribing to the theory that my dropping out of society has lent me to a certain mental illness called, can't-deal-itis.
Honestly, the slightest thing can set me into a downward spiral of anger, frustration, tears and severe pissedoffedness.

Today my day was a horror. I should have stayed home. All the homeless people were sitting in my area and the whole bus smelled like broccoli water (the water left over after you steam broccoli and you forget about it until the next day when you take off the lid and the stench nearly knocks you out).

Then I returned a bunch of ridiculous bath and body worked stuff that my mom had given me and now I have a $15 credit there. I didn't buy these silly space-age moccasin pink glitter leather boots. Because I had already bought white and blue boots this week. and though the pink sparkle really would have rounded out my silly color boot collection I have a feeling that I looked like a cracked out teletubby while wearing them. Although there is a certain glam that goes with the teletubbies, until my body stops resembling Po or Tinkie-winkie, I can't rock that shit.

Then I wait for the bus for like a half hour and they are all re-routing far away from the drop off point right outside my house. Does anyone tell me or put up a sign, or even offer any helpful advice from the 5 bus drivers I ask? well, no, that would be asking way way too much.

Then f*cking Safeway (the major grocery store out here) won't cash this stupid money order that jon's sister sent us. So I go to the bank and wait in line. But because the $ order is from a different bank they can't cash it. And because it was made out to Jon and myself, I couldn't deposit it since he hadn't signed it. So I make this big stink and literally start to cry in the f*cking grocery bank branch. This unbelievably nice man comes out and looks the other way while I forge Jon's signature and deposit it into our account. He practically had to hold my hand he was way nicer to me than he should have been. On top of which the only reason I went down there was to buy jon his monthly bus pass. Which of course they were sold out of.

Only to come out and miss the bus and the sign thing said that there wouldn't be another bus for 22 minutes. I live about an 8 minute walk away. However, In my attempt to feel less frumpy and glam I am wearing shoes that are killing my feet.

I think a normal would just deal with it and wnot even give it a second thought and not psychoanalyze why I am such a fucking loser and why EVERY LITTLE THING causes huge drama and just re-enforces my pathetic shut- in lifestyle. God I want to barf.

1 comment:

kristenL said...

buddy is in the doghouse because as I lay wailing on my bed pathetically calling buddy to the bed to commiserate, he stayed far far away. I plan to punish him by taking him to get his nails cut, doesn't $15 seem like a rip off?