Thursday, March 30, 2006

Back in Black

So we are back home from our long week in MA. It was cold.

Baby turned 4 months old yesterday. He got 4 shots. He weighs 15lbs 10oz. he is in the 75% for weight and height. So screw you all the people that says, "my he's big for a 4 month old."

I think about 45 times in the last 2 weeks I have said 'oh my god I can't do this.' He was pretty good on the flight to MA, there was no sleeping for a 5 hour flight. Then he cried for 3 hours after we got to my parents house. He has NEVER done anything like that before. He was overtired to the utmost extreme. He was pretty cranky while we were there. Partly because there was very little napping, my mother kept going in to look at him and wake him up. I would put him down for a nap and then get in the shower, I would get out and there he would be in my mother's arms, rubbing his eyes. OK so this exact scenario happened once, but you know where I am going with this.

He was a bear for the 6 hour flight home. He cried and cried. I almost pissed my pants. He fell asleep I ran to the toilet. I came back and he was crying.
He was awful on Tuesday, I had to actually drug the baby. He was OVERTIRED and refused to sleep cried and cried. So the baby tylenol had to come out. If you are drugging your 4 month old then you can be pretty sure that you are a bad mother.

He has been super crabby today so far - sprinkled with moments of cuddling and mr charming smiler's appearance.

I am happy to be home. It was nice to have the 'help' while I was home it was fantastic to see my friends. I miss you guys.

No comments: