Thursday, June 01, 2006

Backtrack

Sunday May 29th. Baby turns 6 months old.
So we signed up for City CarShare I unilaterally decided that we were going to go explore the countryside, as it were. Jon has seen none of the beauty and glory that is Northern California. I decided that was going to end, I took a car out for 6 hours.
I decided we would go to Point Reyes National Seashore. Worst Family Day Trip Ever!
I didn't know what to expect, I thought we'd drive up there and hike a bit and drive home. I know there were some beaches and it was supposed to be spectacular. I was informed that McClures Beach is really pretty and I sort of set my destination there. It took forever to get there. And once we got there, we didn't really know where there was. It took 2 hours to get to the beach. We hiked a little to this tiny beach. It was really pretty. We look like we had fun. Jon wanted to know where we were going and I just plodded on very much like my father.
We could only stay at the beach a little while and of course we overstayed. We couldn't get a signal on our cell phone to call cityshare to tell them we are going to be hella late, DRAMA!
The baby poops on the way home, DRAMA!
Jon got carsick from turning around to tend to the baby while I drove on super windy roads that were literally feet away from certain death. DRAMA!
The menfolk were certainly unhappy. The baby cried for the last hour or so. Jon was super fucking crabby. I was kinda like, fuck'em. It's my birthday I am going to enjoy it.

No comments: