Friday, November 05, 2004

Boo Hoo

Well I am a little late to comment on the state of the nation.
I watched the electoral votes come in with baited breathe. Stupid Ohio...

My parents just left. They arrived here on Halloween.
Halloween in San Francisco is AMAZING. People go crazy! I saw all manner of naked people.
I saw this gay leather man's wiener. I pointed it out to my mom, and we both stared and then talked about it. There had to have been like 250,000-300,000 people at the parade. Everyone was dressed up, except us. Jon and I couldn't get into it knowing the 'rents were coming. I also saw some naked lesbians.

But I have seen more of Sf in the last 5 days than I have in the 4 months I have been here, my father has endless energy! We went to Fisherman's Wharf and went on this very cool submarine from WWII, we took a cable car ride, and ate chowder (must be pronounced Chaw-da, a la the Kennedy accent) and crabs. The next day we went to Alcatraz, which I thought was going to be lame but then it was cool. The cells were creepy even though there were hundreds of other people there.

Then we went and traveled over the Golden Gate Bridge and parked on the other side and then walked over it. When buses go by it makes the whole thing sway and was really quite unnerving. Then we went to Ft Funston, that people told me was very cool and it was, there are these unbelievable bluffs. Motu ran up to it and then I went to look why he stopped so suddenly. It was a shear drop of about 300+ feet. Holy bejezus! We went to Ft. Mason and my mom and I walked around while my dad ran over the GG Bridge and back. He ran like 9 miles in a little over an hour. Very impressive for a guy who has only been running for a couple of years.

Thursday we went to Sonoma, aka wine country.
We only went to two vineyards but this time jon and I bought lots of wine. well my dad bought us a bunch too. I like Sonoma county so much more than Napa. Napa is a little tacky. Sonoma is not as built up and seemed to have more natural beauty.

We rented movies every night, as there wasn't any movies we could all agree on in the theater. We saw, Man on Fire with Denzel Washington. What an AWESOME movie. If you are ever looking for a movie to fulfill your blood lust, this is it. So violent and messy. Also The Day After Tomorrow, which was that apocalypse movie with Denis Quaid. Another surprisingly good movie. It was cool to see the Statue of Liberty covered with huge waves and then snow and jazz. The special effects were really cool.
White Chicks was exactly as you would expect. Sorta lame with like two funny parts that revolve around gay humor. And finally we saw Saved, with one of my favorites, Mandy Moore. Another good movie. I love teen movies and this dealt with teens in an intelligent and meaningful way. I would highly recommend it.

If I ever had to pick between Mandy Moore, Amanda Bynes, Hilary Duff, and Lindsay Lohan, I would have to sacrifice myself. I love those girls!

My parents came loaded with tons of Red Sox paraphernalia, hats and t-shirts. They are so cute. They even brought me a Giants hat (which I have been too lazy to get), and my favorite penuche fudge from Heberts Candy. YUM.

So Motu and I are a little down, and sad. It was a great visit. It is always better to have guests leave you wanting more, you know leave on a high note.

I will send out the links to the pictures soon.

Mariel, you may be amused to note that I got my father describing things as "all jacked up" by the time he left.

No comments: