Tuesday, November 16, 2004

New Job?

My hair is all long and scraggly. Yet can I make the appointment and spend the $$ to get it cut? Of course not.

So I am walking by one of the literally 12 hair salons in a 4 block radius of my apt and I see the sign "Hair Model Wanted."
I was too embarrassed to go in and volunteer so I went home and called to sign up. Then all these fears started to set in, I imagined myself the center of attention for an entire class of potential hair stylist. Then Joey called. Imagine my surprise to find the lady's name to be Joey, coinciding my newfound obsession with Dawson's Creek. And she is going to "blunt cut" the back and
"piece cut" to frame my face. It is Joey's last test before she becomes a fully licensed stylist and it is just going to be her and the boss of the salon. I went in so she could see my hair, she said I was "perfect." You know people don't say that to me nearly enough. But THAT is what momma is talking about. Two women, cutting and talking about my hair for two hours. I will post before and after shots, I am going in Thursday night.

Last night I bought two bottles of wine. A cabernet sauvignon and a pino grigio. I read in some wine website that this vineyard was putting out wonderful, inexpensive wines with a twist top instead of a cork. We drank the red last night and now I have such a tremendous headache, and here it is like 15 hours later. I should have known since the wine company is called Pepi.

Also I watched the second season opener of Dawson's Creek. It is the one that Jenn's grandpa died. I bawled. I like the relationship between jenn and her gram. But I have to wonder what kind of parents send their child away to their elderly mother at 16? Are children more difficult than at that age?
Also, I think the second season is where I started to dislike the show when it was first on. All these new characters come in like suicide Andi and gay Jack McFee. Also Joey and Dawson finally snog, and I am like, who cares? Where has the tension gone? I am glad that Pacey and Joey are the ones that "end up" together in the season finally.
Yesterday I did like 3 hours of research on Dawson's Creek. There was a big finally that ends the show which is supposed to take place when they are all like 26 or something. Someone dies. Her name rhymes with Jenn and is Jenn.

I wish TBS would start re-running Party of Five. That was a great show...

My head is bumping and the fucking dog next door will not shut up. Wow. I yelled at him through the wall and he stopped. For like 15 seconds.

1 comment:

kristenL said...

thanks for the comment man.
At least someone is reading it...