Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Rainy Day

As the title suggests, today was a rainy day.

I woke up really early and decided the best way to spend the morning was watching TV shows that I never watch like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Charmed and not one, but two episodes of Dawson's Creek.

Then I went to Radio Shack and bought a laser pointer. I feel hours and hours of teasing the dog fun...

Currently reading Gore Vidal, The City and the Pillar. I am thoroughly enjoying his effortless prose.

Currently listening to poor, dead, Elliot Smith's posthumously release album, From A Basement on a Hill. It sounds too produced. And before where there were traces of Beatles influence, it seems much more palatable on this album. Not that being influenced by the Beatles is a bad thing, if you have to pay homage to a band...
But I can't not like it. It is very painful, how could it not be from a guy who stabbed himself in the chest to commit suicide...

No comments: