Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Near Dog Experience

Well I just got back from the dogpark where I was unceremoniously baptized in my latte.
Motu was playing with a 7 month old pit bull. Well the pit-bull, miss foxy brown, was playing, I think Motu was running for his life. And the two of them ran up on the bench and dumped my latte everywhere. pooh!

Last weekend we met with a dog trainer named Linda. She does a doggie rescue as well. And we our training session was winding down, she mentioned that she had a 12 week old female Boston that she needed to place. I immediately volunteered. If/ When we get another dog I want a female. So Linda kept us dangling for the week my parents were here and then called on Friday and said she was going to bring her over. I thought it would be adorable to have her at home when jon got here.
But then Linda called back saying one of her rescues was failing and she was going to have to bring him into the vet. So no puppy that night. Then jon and I talked about it and I found out that Jon really wasn't into getting a puppy right now. It is the beginning of winter and it would be a pain to train. And really we are getting to a point with Motu where he can be left alone and we can trust him to have to start all over again. Jon has been under a lot of pressure at work and I didn't want to add to it. And those of you that remember how well I did when Motu was a puppy will recall I nearly went off the deep end.

Then my father said that it was selfish of me to get a puppy, not in those words exactly but I got his meaning. He was right and so there is no Sister. Isn't that a great name? Jon came up with it.

We will probably get one next year. Jon is afraid we would get kicked out of here if we got another dog too.

So maybe in Feb or March of next year there will be a different Sister. I almost wish I never saw her picture cause she is super cute.

No comments: