Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Do the Locomotion

So we went for our second appointment yesterday.
Low and Behold there was a heartbeat. This is real. There is another living thing in my body. FREAKY.
The midwife put the little sound thing right into my guts ( I guess uterus is the right word) and there was nothing. I held my breathe, I felt the room start to spin, then she moved it around a little and there it was. This loud, strong chuga-chuga. I almost lost it. I looked at jon out of the corner of my eye because I knew if I looked fully at him I would cry. He had the biggest smile ever on his face. It was really a magically moment.

Then we went over my bloodwork. I don't have the clap! We are all very relieved about that.

My whole life I have been under the impression that my blood type was O+. My mother has told me this forever. Yesterday the midwife told me my blood type was A+. A much sexier blood type if you ask me.

I immediately called my mother to tell her about yet another lifelong lie that had been debunked. She is now convinced that my father has lied to her about all the kids' blood types and my he never actually check at the hospital when we were born, like he told my mother he did. Good one dad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And I thought it was silly that they made me get my blood typed, because I knew it already. (In my case, it was the red cross/blood bank that told me however; I'm sure my father hasn't a clue).
luolin
ps. clicked on your comment from Julia's blog.
don't think you are boring at all