Monday, September 12, 2005

Anxiety

So Jon is in lovely Paris, called me slightly tipsy and saying Bonjour and Oui oui over and over again. And telling me about the delicious mashed potatoes he had that were at least 50% butter. He is going to come home with the gout.
p.s. you don't call you pregnant wife and tell her about all the amazing food you are eating. All I care about is food. I want Jon to only bring back eatables from Paris and cadbury chocolate from London specifically Wispa candy bars. And lots of them.
While in Yoga today all I could think about was food. There is this ice cream place called Mitchel's in SF and they make their own iced cream and to say it was delicious would be the understatement of the day. YUM. However, it would be an app. $30 cab ride round trip to get to said parlor. I am going to try to beg one of my car having friends to have mercy and take me there.
Usually when Jon is away I don't allow myself to pine away for him until a day or so before he returns. I started pinning yesterday. I miss him.
Plus I signed up for all the baby classes today. A breastfeeding class and the childbirth class. That gave me major adjida (sp), like holy shit this is really really happening. Now I am all anxious because the childbirth class goes from Nov. 2 to Nov 16, what if I go into labor early (because that happens so often with first babies) and I don't get to finish the class and I don't know how to have the baby!
AUGH! ok not going to happen. I was sort of thinking of not even taking the class as noted by an earlier post.
There is this new show on TLC called Bringing Home Baby and it is all about the first few days home with the baby. So this girl was like 20, her husband who was app. 12 was in Iraq, and she had the baby while he was away. So the girl moved back in with her family. The mother on the show was like "oh my god how do two people do this with an infant." So I cried and felt bad for myself and determined that I would be incapable of taking care of the baby without my mother to help me (she will be here from Dec 10-17 though).
Then I remember my dear friends Francesca and Maria both intelligent capable women who were able to manage. I think of them and I feel better.
I can do this. I think.
I mean 14 year olds do this. I can do it. It is just bad without Jon here to laugh at me and tell me we will be fine...

No comments: