Friday, September 23, 2005

Maybe Not too Bad

So three exciting things happened since last I wrote,
1) we went out to eat at this fancy restaurant with Jon's cousin's partner. We call him Butters because well, he is exactly like what Butters would be like if he ever grew up. He is hilarious and weird, he gets real nervous and then buys like hundred dollar bottles of wine. I ate like a cow!
I had these yummy squash blossoms filled with dungeoness crab and cheeses. Then I had this amazing tomato salad that was literally four slices of tomatoes with house made mozzarella, salt, olive oil, vinegar, and basil. It was $12.50. Ha ha.
Then I had Kobe beef steak and then I made the table order three desserts so we got bananas foster, this triple chocolate mousse thing, and a fig and blueberry tart. It was fantastic! I also had a glass and 1/2 of wine and was feelin fine. Well, until I slept 'till like one today. What a light weight I have become...

2) I got a fan letter from AZ, from someone I don't even know and am not related to. People are reading my blog, VALIDATION. Thanks KR.

3) I wrote this letter to the San Francisco Chronicle, which is the big newspaper out here, about how I think we should all vote no on Prop 73, and they are "considering it for Mondays publication"

This is Prop 73-------

"Waiting Period and Parental Notification Before Terminating of Minor's Parents. Initiative Constitutional Amendment.
-Amends California Constitution, prohibiting abortion for unemancipated minor until 48 hours
after physician notifies minor's parent/legal guardian, except in medical emergency or with parental waiver.
-Defines abortion as causing death of the unborn child, a child conceived but not yet born.
-Permits minor to obtain court order waiving notice based on clear, convincing evidence of minor's maturity or best interests.
-Mandates various reporting requirements.

-Authorizes monetary damages against physicians for violation.

-Requires minor’s consent to abortion, with certain exceptions.

-Permits judicial relief if minor consent coerced."

I sort of forgot what I wrote in the letter and I am pretty sure that I will sound like an illiterate ass-wipe. Maybe it went like "i think kids should get them abortions if theys wants too cause well, sex is fun, and you shouldn't have to be punished for havin a bit o fun."

We'll see if it is accepted and then my house gets fire bombed.

Jon leaves tomorrow...

No comments: