Saturday, September 24, 2005

We actually went out last night

So jon and I actually went out last night. We left the house at 10:30, this is unheard of for me at this stage of pregnancy but, there I was.
We went to go see one of our favorite live bands, Mono. They are so freaking good I think this is the 4th time I have seen them. If you are into Japanese, experimental, noise of the tightest, most controlled caliber, this is a band for you to see live. Even if you aren't and you just want to see some crazy Japanese kids rock out HARD - again go see them. You can't help but be so present in the music and the moment, it literally envelopes you and raises the hairs on your arms.
Here is there website. I HIGHLY recommend that you see them if they come to your area.
They really rock.
They were prefaced by a decent band The Drift, which is a side project of one of the dudes from Tarentel. I was under the impression that you had to have something happening with your real band to have a side project but I guess I was wrong...

The second band that played was freakin horrible. And they were loud. Good thing I am a true old lady and brought my ear plugs. Because my shit would have been ringing. It seems the message from this band is well the louder we play the more people won't notice how bad we suck. The only reason we didn't leave during their set was we would have lost our plumb seats, and mama needs to sit down...

While at the show I began to worry about the potential hearing damage I was inflicting on our son. He really liked the show though, or he hated it, because he was dancing around like crazy. I guess people are not used to seeing big fat preggos at shows cause peeps were getting their stare on. Like shit what am I supposed to do stay home and hide myself away simply because I am a vessel of life? No dammit, revere me! I'll be doing plenty of staying home shortly.

So it was fun and then today just a little while ago Jon left for Korea and Hong Kong. Just a week though, he'll be back next Saturday.

If anyone feels like calling me; this is the week to do it.

peace out

No comments: