Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Home Alone


SO my parents left this morning. Baby and I proceeded to take a 2 hour nap. Something as yet unheard of for the little lad. Perhaps it was my persuasiveness with what I call the snooze button. You may know it as a pacifier. I jam that little puppy back in his mouth hole and I have anywhere from 3 minutes to 15 minutes more of napping.
I booked my tickets back to MA as well. We are going to be there for 10 days or so. So I will see my parents, or more importantly they will see the baby in about a month. They were all over that kid. My mom was giving him like 2 baths a day which is considerably more than the bath every week I was giving him weather he needed it or not.
The picture is from Ft. Funston. Could they be more happy?

We went to Muir Woods yesterday which is this stunning national park with redwoods, sequoias, and various levels of hiking. It was pretty cool. Then I wanted to go to Best Buy to try to buy a video camera. It proved itself to be too difficult and I left empty handed. But my father was wearing the baby (too cute for words) He sheepishly comes up to me and says there was not three blasts from baby but four. We know what that means. Luckily in the Best Buy parking lot there is a Babys R Us, I knew they would have nice changing facilities. What I was not prepared for was when I pulled the baby out the Bjorn, the literal shit parade I was witness too. It was ALL over the bjorn, all over his pants, I had to strip him naked in the changing room, and use about 1 million wipes, since he has shit up his back. Then we had to buy new pants at the store because all I had with me was a onsie. I mean I can't believe my baby does an inordinate amount of shit. How do other mothers contain it in the disposable diapers? Maybe I am using too small a size. Or are the ruffles of the diapers supposed to be inside or outside. Am I simply retarded? Every time babE poops in the 'sposies, It is an unbelievable mess. Any assvise is greatly appreciated.
I rarely have the poop storm with my cloth diapers. Can I say again how much I love them! At first I was doing it because we have a diaper service and I like the idea of not having the babE incased in plastic. Now I am a believer that they are simply better at holding poop and peep.
Holy shit I can't believe all of my posts of late have been about my son's BM's. This is just how it happens I guess...

4 comments:

MrsFortune said...

Well I'm finding it all very enlightening, at least. :)

Jo said...

hehe...I feel your pain..I was the stoopid one with diapers. My husband had it all figured out. I STILL can't get them on right some times.
What kind do you use? I like Hugg*es the best. They have elastic waist that Pampr's don't. Also, on the legs, I pull the ruffles out from the elastic. Make them snug but not binding. I can't count how many times he shat up his own back. It has gotten neater since he started solid food though.. Hope this helps : )

Jo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kristenL said...

Pampers BLOW, quite literally. I prefer huggies myself.
The baby just shat in his bouncy chair because I am being cheap and trying to use up the last of my size 1 dipaers before he outgrows them. will I ever learn?