Thursday, April 20, 2006

Help! My child's a cutter


Baby has been driving us a little batty.
At night we are psyched if we get to sleep 2 hours in a row, and very upset if we are woken up every 45 minutes on the regular. I am guessing it is a growth spurt combined with a tooth that is trying to break through.
Well this morning when jon handed him to be I was shocked to see that baby seems to have tried to claw his scalp off in the night. It is truly horrifying. See photo.

I just feel all icky. I mean yes first and foremost there is IV. And I know yeast is a natural thing. But the idea that I have the ingredients to make bread or beer out of my vag is revolting. I know it is not the same yeast and actually I really like beer and bread. It's just gross and the fact that it has all these medical people stumped, well that sucks big monkey nuts.
Then baby has this gnarly diaper rash. I don't know. I spend like an hour outside in the park yesterday with him bare-assed to try to "Get some air in there." I swear there is no more often changed child and it isn't the clothe, believe me. He is a real mess with the paper diapers.
Now he has these slashes all over his forehead from his tiny razor nails. That I just trimmed.

My house is in shambles - more so than usual. Probably because baby isn't really into napping anymore why sleep during the day when you don't sleep at night? And when I only get 20 minutes or so, you know I am spending it dicking around on the computer and not wasting it vacuuming or doing dishes...

I think I threw my back out or twisted it trying to do some night nursing. Also I can't figure out the CA insurance to go see a chiro.

And to top it off I am going to be 30 in 40 days.

No comments: