Friday, April 21, 2006

Some random remarks

I was looking at my last year's agenda to see when we paid our taxes last year. And I saw that on March 27th, at 5am, I got my first positive pregnancy test. It seems so crazy that it has only been a year since that day and that baby E is almost 5 months old. I know time flies is the biggest cliche in the world but man I guess it is a classic cliche because it is true.

Also my agenda looked way different last year. I have shows listed that I went to. The day my op/ed piece was in the SF Chronicle. Days I worked. Now my agenda reads like this:

4/11 grasps toy with two hands and brings to mouth
4/12 taxes accepted
4/13 FOUND FEET!
4/14 no poop :(
1:30 vag dr appoint

I was reading over at kdamnspot how none of her husband's siblings have not seen her 6 week old baby. I have a similar beef with jon's sister. She has no interest in seeing her nephew. I haven't even spoken to her since the baby was born. She was supposed to come out with the MIL for xmas. But decided she wasn't in the xmas spirit so she stayed in Charlotte. At first I felt bad for her, now I am outright pissed. I mean I know SF and Charlotte are far away from each other but this girl boasts all the time about her lucrative job and brand new Mercedes. She just doesn't care. Jon doesn't care so why should I? Also she is no longer talking to the MIL because the MIL had a poorly thought out "intervention" with the sister. She thinks she is on drugs and drinks too much both of which are probably true. Just for reference the SIL is going to be 33 this year it isn't like she is a kid. I always thought we would name her "godmother" We are not particularly religious, but just a thing. No way. I am going to have my brother Kevin and someone better be the godmother. See how she is punished! FEAR MY REIGN!

2 comments:

Brett said...

Oh, no.I probably look like the SIL who doesn't care. Their Christmas presents got lost by UPS and birthday presents will be late. I've only seen our niece once last July..I suck!!! Megan

kristenL said...

if you have called or left a message or sent a card, you are fine.
if you have done none of the above, then you suck.
see how you are acknowledging their existence? you are not like SIL...