Monday, November 07, 2005

Check Up

Jon thinks Yoga is hysterical. Whenever my lower back is tense and I do Cat / Cow poses he laughs and laughs. He has taken to calling that lady iron chef Catcow as well as our med student is named Catcow Rodrigez. We found out today her last name, is not in fact Rodrigez, and we are just racists.

But #1 is in a low position and a little untrasound machine proved that he was in fact head down. I got to get my anus swabbed today, and really how often do you get to say that? It all took app. 2 seconds.

I was just awake last night. I fell asleep for like 40 minutes and then I was up for like 4 hours. This fact coupled with the gloriously dramatic San Francisco weather forced me to sleep until 12:30 and my dr app was at 1pm. Normally I would feel guilty about admitting that I slept until 12:30 but you know what? Inside of a month I will never sleep that long again so, know suck it. So I took a 14 second shower and was out the door in like less than 7 minutes. I made it to the appointment on time. We looked at the baby. My midwife told me that I have been having contractions this whole time and I just have not been feeling them. So I don't know. How can I not feel my entire uterus which goes from pubic bone to right below my bra contracting?

The med student, Catcow, measured my belly and then she petted it really sweetly and was like "so pretty." I have to thank my mother for these genes. I mean, I may have adult acne and wrinkles at the same time. But my belly is still relatively stretch mark free. Also I never thought I would be so happy to weight 207. That means I only put in 3 lbs in the last 4 weeks. And I was having my own private candy eating contest with myself, which I won.

Tomorrow Jon's work is throwing us a baby shower. So I get to eat and get presents. That is always cool. Then we have to rush to the hospital for our tour of the birthing facilities. And I have to vote. Wowser!

No comments: