Monday, November 14, 2005

Don't Cry

So, I was invited to dinner by a friend who is going to cooking school, this past Saturday. I was so psyched. We are going to leave and Jon says, um aren't you going to put some make-up on or something. I was thinking, jesus I must look like shit. So I go and pretty myself up a bit and we walk to my friend's house.
We get there and it is a surprise baby shower for me! How do I react to a surprise party? I cry. What an asshole. I just couldn't stop. I couldn't believe people cared enough to have a party for me. So I was stuffed with delicious treats and some very sweet gifts.
It was lots of fun. I have never had a surprise party before. All the participants then bragged about how sneaky they were to arrange the whole thing. It was so sweet.
I can't believe Jon was able to keep a secret!

In other news as of tomorrow we are in the baby window. Anytime from November 15 to December 15. I am sure that we will go near the end. We have never been early for anything.
I also had a couple of contractions this weekend. And I saw my pipe dream of a natural childbirth fly out the window, like so much smoke. Holy shit. Contractions fucking hurt! These weren't no Braxton-Hicks "practice contractions." So I don't know, obviously I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

CF said...

How sweet of your friends to throw the surprise shower. And congratulations on the contractions, too??!!